Kathleen Usaj, ACHT, LISW-S
ODE Licensed School Social Worker
- Licensed Independent Social Worker- Supervisory Designation #I-0008117
- Ohio Department of Education School Social Worker Certification- Permanent
- Florida Department of Health Registered Telehealth Provider #30 (http://www.flhealthsource.gov/telehealth/)
- National Association of Social Workers
- Ohio School Social Workers Association
Kate received a Bachelors Degree from Hiram College and a Masters Degree from Case Western Reserve University. Her history speaks for itself:
- 27 years of experience providing one-on-one supervision
- Committed to the personal growth and ongoing mentorship of social workers in the areas of mindfulness and stress management to enable them to become true leaders in the field.
- Assisting social workers in clarifying and manifesting their practice and social work business beyond agency work.
- Uniquely positioned to provide supervision to new social workers in a school setting.
Completed 21+ hours of telebehavioral health training and has experience using telebehavioral health at a major hospital system and in private practice.
Areas of Specialization: 22 years of experience in public schools, blending traditional clinical work with advanced holistic and integrative approaches including mindfulness, meditation, self-compassion, heart-centered hypnotherapy, Reiki, mindfulness, meditation and breathwork.
Kate has broad experience working with children, adolescents, transitional age youth, adults, school personnel, therapists, executives, school districts, special education, cultural competence and inclusion, professional development, trauma assessment and treatment, juvenile justice, addictions, women's issues, pain and chronic health issues, autoimmune disorders, IBS, stress, anxiety, adjustment, depressive disorders.
She has 30 years of experience in the social work field. She has worked in community mental health, in home community mental health, school based agencies and hospitals. She has currently worked for seven years as a Holistic Psychotherapist at The Cleveland Clinic seeing individual clients ages 5-90 and co-teaching shared medical appointments with medical doctors who are board certified in integrative and functional medicine, chiropractors, massage therapists, acupuncturists, holistic psychotherapists.
Prior to working at The Cleveland Clinic, Kate provided direct, clinical services and project management services for federal grant projects in inner ring, suburban and Cleveland Metropolitan School districts. As such, she has experience with every agency in the county to meet a client’s needs. She is a seasoned clinician with micro and macro trauma experience providing direct and consultative services to manage three school shooting responses as well as hundreds of crisis responses while working in schools.
She has sixty post graduate training hours as a sex offender treatment professional and completed a two year post graduate internship in Heart Centered Hypnotherapy at the Wellness Center in Issaquah, WA. She earned a 2nd Degree Reiki Practitioner Certification from the International Center for Reiki Training, and has extensive training in mindfulness with Tara Brach, breath-work, meditation, EFT, and other alternative modalities. She is a life- long learner and is excited to share her healing journey and assist other heart centered social workers to write THEIR personal and professional story!!
Are You Interested In Social Worker Retreats?
These workshops have been approved by the NASW Ohio Chapter for CEUs in Ohio. NASW is recognized as a Continuing Education Approver for social work CEUs by the OCSWMFT Board.Book your next Retreat
Sign Up to Inquire About Supervision & Mentorship For Social Workers
Get monthly updates for living a more balanced life delivered to your inbox.